Friday, March 12, 2010

Week Eight

Week Eight.
This week was the first back after spring break. I had a productive break, working on the house, now it’s time to refocus and finish the semester. On Tuesday this week I was assessing the students’ knowledge of numbers and counting individually. I was interesting to see the strategies that they used to count out loud for me. Some appeared to be easily distracted while others were remaining deeply focused while counting out loud. Some students had the patterns for counting by twos memorized; others tried to actually count every other number in their head. I had one students count: “two, four, five, seven, nine, and he proceeded to count the odd intervals by two successfully up to the mid forties. Later that day on Tuesday I did a read aloud with my childrens literature class, I thought that I did ok on that, but I received bad marks, oh well, win some lose some, people in my class liked it and thought I did a good job. That was discouraging, but I can shake it off; my main focus for this week was the phonics exam we took Thursday anyway. On Wednesday we helped our Writer’s Workshop buddies work on biographies. I was helping to collect some interesting information about Amelia Earhart. In the past my Writing Buddy has been reluctant to get to work on his stories. He was very willing to work hard on his biography this Wednesday, I was proud of the concentration that my Writing Buddy was showing during writer’s workshop this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment